The Hastings PAC organizes, supports and runs several events during the course of the school year.
PAC Speaker Series - Body Science by Saleema Noon
Wednesday June 3, 2020 from 7pm | Zoom
Saleema Noon from Saleema Noon Sexual Health Educators will
present a parent’s workshop on Body Science.
PREREGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Read on for more details.
The talk is geared to educating parents about age-appropriate ways of teaching our children about Body Science (formerly known as “Sex Ed”). The Saleema Noon organization provides in-person workshops to students from K-7, teaching body science and sexual health curriculum. However, due to COVID-19, rather than presenting in person, Saleema Noon educators have created an online package that encompasses online videos for all the grade levels which will also be made available to all parents who sign up for the hosted talk on June 3rd. You can then share these age-appropriate videos with your kids at home.
There is no fee for the talk, however, registration is important in order to receive the materials. Here’s how to obtain access to the online videos and the live Zoom workshop:
- Step 1: Fill out this FORM and make sure to type in your email correctly as an automatic confirmation will be sent. Do this soon so you get the online workshop links and June 3rd Zoom meeting link in time.
- Step 2: For the online video workshops, you will receive two emails from email@example.com within 5 days after you submit the form. The first email will notify you that you’ve been granted access to the online workshops. The second email (sent directly after) will provide you with your unique login information. The login information is not shareable.
- Step 3: Log in to Body Science Online by clicking on the link provided in the email and entering login information. You will be able to access the online workshops for 10 days. The day you receive the link/login information is Day 1 of access. You can access the videos and resources as often as you would like during this time. Click on "workshops" if you're not directly sent to the workshops page.
- Step 4: For the June 3rd live Zoom workshop, you will receive an email from Hastings PAC with login details. We’ll send this out on June 2nd to everyone who fills out the FORM.
- Once you fill out the form and click submit, your information will be received by our team. You do not need to contact us. You will receive login information within 5 days.
- Each workshop is broken down into multiple videos. Below each video you will find a written summary in both English and Mandarin.
- If you don’t receive the link within 5 days, please check your promotions inbox if you're using Gmail and junk/spam boxes in case emails were sent there.
- We suggest you use Google Chrome to access Body Science Online. Kajabi, the learning platform we are using, seems to work better with this browser.
- When you log in to the platform, you will be automatically added to the Body Science Online email list, which means you may get emails from us in the future. This list is separate from the Saleema Noon Sexual Health Educators communications we send out every now and then. If you would like to remove yourself from this email list you can do so via settings when you log in to the platform. This will not hinder your ability to enjoy the online workshops. You can also unsubscribe in the future using the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any email.
Friday May 29, 2020 from 3-6pm | Hastings Elementary
Unfortunately this event has been cancelled.
Burger & Bevvie Night
Saturday April 25, 2020 | Oscar's Pub (3684 E Hastings St, Vancouver)
Unfortunately this event has been cancelled. We hope to reschedule in the fall. If you already paid for tickets, we will be in touch.
Susan Fererra - Occupational Therapist
How To Get More Cooperation and Be Less Stressed
Thursday March 5, 2020 from 7-8.30pm | Hastings Elementary
Introduction to “Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting”. Practical parenting strategies for everyday challenges
At Suzanne’s seminar you’ll discover more effective ways to gain cooperation from your children without reminding, repeating and nagging. You will learn techniques that you can use immediately to help your children become more cooperative, confident and self-reliant. Suzanne will introduce key concepts, which teach positive parenting to help your child prosper at home and in school. These concepts apply to children and teenagers with, and without, learning difficulties.
Family Bingo Night
Thursday February 20, 2020 | Hastings Elementary Gymnasium
Doors open at 6pm. Bingo starts at 6.15pm
The PAC would like to thank all of the families that came out to Bingo night. It was an excellent turnout - the event could not sustain itself without this kind of support. Another big thank you also goes out to the wonderful volunteers that helped roll out the evening - and to Boffo Developments for their generous donation toward the Bingo prizes. We are also very grateful to everyone that contributed individual prize donations - THANK YOU!!
Not only was it a fun-filled event, but the PAC managed to raise about $650 after expenses! These funds go into the operating budget and help fund initiatives that benefit the students and teachers at Hastings.
Dr Lara Boyd: The Learning Brain Talk
Thursday January 16, 2020 from 7-8.30pm | Hastings Elementary Multipurpose room
In this talk, Dr. Boyd will review how the brain changes with learning and development. She will discuss how stress and anxiety affects the brain and learning. Dr. Boyd will present recent data showing brain plasticity in children and conclude with some practical tips for maximizing learning and brain plasticity.
Hastings Winter Warm-Up
Tuesday December 10, 2019 from 5-7pm | Hastings Elementary Gym
A special holiday event for everyone. Arts and crafts, chilli, hot chocolate, musical performances and much more.
Hastings Harvest Potluck
Thursday November 21, 2019 from 6-8pm | Hastings Elementary Gym
This is an annual fun dinner event that brings together students, parents and school staff of all grades to share food together and build community. There is food, crafts, music and more, including a choir performance.